Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Meet a Counselor: Brad Colbert

Our Meet a Counselor blog feature profiles a Career Services career counseling intern each week. Our counselors come from across the state and country to work with students at Texas State!
 
Name: Brad Colbert 

Hometown: Georgetown, TX

Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Arts in Applied Sociology (Southwest Texas State University)

Graduate Degree: Master of Arts in Counseling (currently pursuing)






  1. What made you want to pursue counseling and/or career counseling?
    I decided to pursue a career in counseling because of my experience as a physical therapy technician. During my time as a physical therapy tech I realized the aspects of the job I most enjoyed were helping others through a difficult time. I most enjoyed the clients. I believe helping people is the most rewarding experience I could hope for in a career.
  2. In terms of career counseling here at Texas State, what are your focus areas?
    My focus in career counseling is to assist others in the difficult transition period of career exploration. In our society we are sometimes defined by our career choice. This can be a very difficult time in our lives, and if I can assist others during this transition it is very rewarding.
  3. What is your favorite sport?
    As did most people in Texas, I grew up with football being the sport of interest. That interest has never changed. Hook'em Horns!
  4. What is your favorite restaurant?
    It is hard to pick my favorite restaurant, but right now I would have to say Bacon, on 10th and Lamar, is at the top of the list. I mean, who doesn't love bacon?!
  5. What is your favorite holiday? My favorite holiday is Halloween. We get to play any role that we would like and enjoy every moment.
To set up an appointment with Brad or another career counselor, call Career Services at 512.245.2645.

1 comment: